Personal information (or personal data) means information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include personal information where the identity has been removed or cannot be determined (anonymous personal information or aggregate information).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us — We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us, such as when you sign up to for our email list to receive news and updates about to our products and services or otherwise contact us via our Website or elsewhere. These types of personal information may include your name, email, address, title, company and title. Whenever you directly provide us with your personal information, please be sure it is accurate and complete. We cannot be responsible for any information you provide to us that is incomplete or incorrect.
Information We Collect Automatically — To maintain and improve the Websites, we may automatically gather some statistical data when you visit. The exact information we collect may vary but can include the date and time of access to the Website, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of a computer requesting a page, the pages requested, computer and connection information such as device and browser type and operating system. We do not associate this statistical information with personal information that we otherwise collect. Also, we may use third party analytics providers to help us understand and use this statistical data.
Information from Other Sources – We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, that you use to connect with us. If you use a third-party service to login, link to us, or communicate with us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services. This information may include name, username, demographic information, location information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
We do not collect any personal financial information, such as credit or debit card information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- provide the Website and its contents to you;
- contact you directly or through authorized resellers or agents about our products or services;
- send you communications, such as newsletters or to email you about of our products or services;
- provide customer service to you, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints or comments, request feedback, and otherwise contact and communicate with you;
- improve the content and functionality of our Website and for internal business purposes and marketing efforts;
- conduct research and analysis;
- comply with applicable laws, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
- develop new programs, products or services
- protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business generally;
- provide you with notices about your access to the Services or Platform, including expiration and renewal notices;
- contact you with regard to your use of the Website and any products or services you may use, and, in our discretion, changes to our policies; and
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share and disclose the personal information we collect from and about you, or you provide to us, as follows to:
- our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- our resellers or agents;
- designated Service Providers or other third parties we use to support our business, to enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us;
- to fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provide your information;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, national security or law enforcement, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law;
- with your consent; and
- as described to you at the point of data collection.
Service Providers — We may contract with third parties to perform functions related to the Website (“Service Providers”), who may have access to your personal information to perform their business functions for us. These Service Providers are prohibited from using or sharing any personal information we provide for other purposes or on behalf of other parties. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide their support services to us.
Sale of Assets or Corporate Transaction — If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
Inkbit reserves the right to create aggregate data from our clients’ use of the Website. Aggregate data is used only for our internal analysis to better understand how our Website is used and to improve them. Any such aggregate data will not include any personal information that clients may make available to us.
CookieS and tracking technologies
The following cookies are deployed on the Website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide the Website. For example, they are used to authenticate and identify returning users.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies provide statistical information on site usage, such as web analytics. They also help us to personalize and enhance your online experience.
We may use web beacons and pixels on our websites and in emails. For example, we may place a pixel in our emails that notify us when you click open our email or click on a link in the email.
We use Google Analytics to track Website views and general/aggregate data on website users. For more information on how Google uses personal and other information when using its partners’ sites or apps, please visit this webpage from Google. While Google Analytics does not collect or have access to personal information, to give website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on to enable you to opt-out of Google Analytics.
The Website is directed to adults over 18 years old and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, you should not access our Website, create an account, or provide any information to us. If you believe that we have collected the Personal Information of persons under 13, please inform us so that we may delete the information.
We have implemented appropriate physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about visitors to our Website. We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, but we cannot 100% guarantee our security measures or the security of your personal information transmitted over the internet. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
LOCATED IN US
Inkbit is located in the United States. If you are outside the US when you visit the Website or engage in communications with us, be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by our servers in the US. Any information you provide to us, or that we collect through your use of the Website, will be stored, processed, and transferred within, or to, the US. Please be aware that the US and jurisdictions other than the one in which you are located may not provide the same level of data protection as the location from which you are accessing the Website. Note also that your personal information may be available to the US Government or its agencies under appropriate legal process in the US.
RESIDENTS OF EEA AND UNITED KINGDOM
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK), we advise that your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, which has data protection laws that are different than those in your home country and may not be as protective. The United States has not sought or received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or UK GDPR. Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information is to do so with your consent; where we need the personal information for performance of a contract or requested service, or where the collection and use is in our or another’s legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect the personal information in question. If we collected your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Our retention of your personal information and any subsequent communications are based on our legitimate interest in providing you with new and potentially relevant materials based on your geography, role, or company. As always, you can elect to opt out from receiving such future communications.
To the extent that we transfer personal information from the EEA or UK to a third country that has not been determined by the European Commission or UK as providing adequate data protections (such as the United States), we will ensure that such personal information is safeguarded through appropriate contractual terms or other approved mechanisms.
Rights of EEA and UK Residents – If you are a resident of the EEA or UK, you have the right to:
- Find out if we use your personal information, to access your personal information and receive copies of your personal information that we have collected.
- Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty.
- Access your personal information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of your personal information which can be transferred to another provider when the personal information was processed based on your consent.
- If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Request your personal information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent and there is no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any collection or processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If we ask you to provide personal information to us to comply with a legal requirement or enter into a contract, we will inform you of this and let you know whether providing us with your personal information is required and if not, the consequences of not sharing your personal information with us.
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our or a third party’s legitimate interests and those interests are not already described above, we will let you know what those legitimate interests are.
To withdraw consent or exercise these rights, please contact us via email at [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your personal information in violation of the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (also known as Data Protection Authority) or other appropriate governmental authority in your EEA Member State. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
Inkbit Corporation, located at 1 Cabot Road, Suite 400, Medford, MA 02155 USA, is the data controller.
RESIDENTS OF CANADA
You may request to access, correct, or delete your personal information, or withdraw consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, by contacting us at [email protected]
These rights are subject to applicable contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before honoring any such requests.
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is needed for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, to fulfill a contract with you or to fulfill any legal or contractual obligations we may have. When an account is closed, any associated personal information will be deleted from our systems to the extent technically possible and consistent with applicable law.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
For California residents under the age of 18 and registered users of the Website, California law (Business and Professionals Code § 22581) provides that you can request the removal of content or information you posted on the Website. Any such request should be sent to us at either email at: [email protected] along with a description of the posted content or other information to be removed. Be advised, however, that applicable law may not permit us to completely or comprehensively remove your deleted content or for other reasons as set forth in California law.
Pursuant to California’s “Shine The Light law (California Statute § 1798.983), California residents are entitled, once a year and free of charge, to request the disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, if any. You may request this information by contacting us at [email protected] and indicate in the email subject line, “California Shine The Light Request.” Please include your mailing address, state of residence and email address with your request.
We do not sell, rent, lease, share or transfer personal information to third parties that would constitute a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act or other state privacy laws.
We do not currently honor browsers’ Do Not Track signals with respect to the Website.
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law, an individual has the right to request from us a copy of what personal information that we have collected or to ask to correct or update their it. Individuals can also request that we delete their personal information from our systems and records. We strive to respond to these requests with 30 days or as required in accordance with applicable law.
We will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information in any way or for any purposes that are materially different from the purposes described in this policy. If in the future we wish to collect, use or disclose your personal information in a materially different way, we will obtain your consent first, and offer you the choice to opt-out of the proposed change.
If you sign up to our email list, you can opt out of receiving our marketing or promotional email communications at any time and no cost by using the “Unsubscribe” feature at the bottom of the email from us or by requesting to opt out by emailing us at [email protected] Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional communications from us regarding services you request or have access to, your account other transactional or administrative issues.
1 Cabot Road, Suite 400
Medford, MA 02155 USA